This cake is a super light and fluffy cake that is made the cut in layers to make more delicious cakes such as victoria cake or any layer cakes.
- 20 grams (1tbsp) butter
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 90 g cake flour
- 3 eggs
- 90 g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C) at least 20 minutes before. Line a 7″ cake pan with parchment paper (bottom and side). Put butter and milk In a small bowl and microwave until the butter melts.
- In another bowl, sift the cake flour 2 times. Set aside.
In a bowl of a stand mixer, add eggs and sugar. Over a double boiler (placing the bowl over a pot with simmering water on low heat), whisk the egg mixture until it becomes lukewarm (until the sugar dissolves).
- Set the bowl on the stand mixer, and whip the egg mixture until very thick, add vanilla and mix.
- Add sifted cake flour in 3 parts. Fold in the first one-third of the flour by hand with a spatula (not with the mixer).
- After the flour is incorporated, add the next part of the flour and again fold in with the spatula. Repeat. Next, add the mixture of melted butter and milk and fold in with the spatula.
- Put the batter in the prepared pan then bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Take the cake out from the oven and leave for 15 minutes. Finally, remove the cake from the cake pan.