Delicious yoghurt bread rolls are best served with butter or your favourite spreading. The recipe is super simple to make and does not require any major types of equipment.
- 400g (2cup+1/2cup+2/3tbsp) Bread flour
- 156 ml yoghurt
- 1 Egg
- 70ml (1/4cup+2/3tbsp) Cold Milk
- 3 grams of salt
- 55 grams of sugar
- 5g Yeast
- 40g (1/8 cup) Unsalted Butter
- In a large mixing bowl, add 400 grams of high gluten flour together with sugar, yeast and yoghurt the stir that in. Add an egg and milk then continue to stir to form the dough, you can switch to a work surface and knead the dough well until it is elastic and smooth but not sticky. Place the dough in a lightly oiled dough and cover with a plastic wrap and let it sit for ten minutes.
- Bring the dough to the work surface and stretch it then wrap the dough in butter and knead the butter into the dough. At this stage, patience is required as you need to knead it for longer until all the butter is incorporated in the dough. Once the dough is well kneaded and soft, place the dough back in the bowl and cover with aplastic wrap then let it proof for one hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Once proofed, degas the dough and lightly knead it then divide the dough into 16 equal portions. To shape the rolls, take one piece of the dough and roll it into a round ball then place it on the counter and use your palm to roll the dough into a circular motion until you get around the dough.
- Line the rolled dough on a baking sheet and cover with a parchment paper then let them rise for the second time(30 minutes). Brush the top with egg wash then bakes in a preheated 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 20 minutes. Once out of the oven, brush the top with melted butter so the bread can remain soft even when cooled.