This decadently delicious banana bread has a slew of spices with tons of chocolate chips and packed with banana
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 215g
- 1 tsp baking powder 4g
- 1 tsp baking soda 6g
- 1 tsp salt 6g
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice 1g
- 1/4 tsp cardamom 500mg
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg 500mg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 100g
- 1/4 cup brown sugar 50g
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 113g room temperature
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt 30g
- 2 eggs large
- 3 ripe bananas mashed about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips 265g
- 1 tsp vanilla 5mL
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour a 9 x 5inch pan. I like to line the long end with a piece of parchment paper that overhangs the edge. It’s great for lifting the bred out after baking.
- Mash your very ripe bananas in a small bowl and mix with the 2 tablespoons of yogurt. Set aside.
- Sift dry ingredients into a medium-sized bowl. Whisk and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Let each egg incorporate before adding the next.
- Mix in mashed bananas and yogurt. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and beat until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Sprinkle top liberally with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.