Financier is a French dessert made with almond flour, it is light, moist with a crisp edge, a perfect accompaniment with tea.
- 3 Egg whites( Separate the egg whites from the yolks then place the whites in a mixing bowl.)
- 45g / 1.6Oz Granulated sugar
- 18g honey
- 36g / 1.3Oz Flour
- 66g / 2.3Oz Almond powder
- 70g / 2.5Oz butter
- Place a pan over medium-high heat then add 70 grams of butter and let it melt slowly and boil until it starts to brown then remove it from the heat and let it cool down.
- Lightly grease a financier cake mold or a mini donut mold pan with butter then set it aside. Separate 3 egg yolks and egg whites then add the egg whites in a mixing bowl and set the yolks aside. This cake is made with egg whites only which gives them their tender texture. Whisk the egg whites until they start to foam then add 45 grams of granulated sugar and continue to whisk it until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add 18 grams of honey and mix until the mixture doubles in volume then sift in 36 grams of flour and 66 grams of almond powder then whisk the dry ingredients until smooth. Add the cooled caramelized butter and whisk it in for about 5 minutes until well incorporated then pour the batter in a piping bag and fill the prepared molds about three quarters way full.
- Bake them in a preheated 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven (180C) for 15 to 20 minutes. Once baked, place the financiers on a wire rack to cool completely then serve with a cup of tea.