Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies are all the rage. These giant, soft, thick, warm cookies are easy to make.
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 cups milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter, brown sugar, and sugar and mix on low using the paddle attachment. Increase to medium and mix until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until just combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add in cake flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and use a large spoon or rubber spatula to fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Divide the dough into 8 to 10 equal pieces. Use hands to roll into large balls. Place onto prepared baking sheets, 4 per pan.
- Bake in the 400 degree oven for 11-14 minutes, until tops are golden brown.
- Let cool on pan 15 minutes before serving warm, or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.