My Hawaiian Butter Mochi recipe is like a cross between a cake and Japanese mochi without the ice cream — baked to perfection!
- 2 cups (16floz/450ml) whole milk
- 2 cups (16oz/454g) granulated sugar
- 1 box (16oz/450g) Mochiko Flour (glutinous rice flour)
- 1 can (13floz/400ml) coconut milk
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup (6oz/170g) butter softened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter a 9×13 inch (23x33cm) baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- Beat the whole milk, sugar, rice flour, coconut milk, eggs, butter, baking powder, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer or by hand until thoroughly combined, and then pour into your prepared pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour and then let cool completely.
- When completely cooled, cut into 24 squares with a sharp knife.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream.