These Sweet Dinner Rolls have a fluffy and light texture and are melt in your mouth delicious! Buttery and flaky, your family will request these rolls every single holiday meal! (At least Grumpy does!)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 cups bread flour
- 2 tbsp active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in Kitchenaid attached with a dough hook as follows:
- Water, milk, eggs, sugar, butter, 3-1/2 cups flour, salt, yeast.
- Stir on low setting until the mixture starts to come together. This will be a wet, loose dough.
- Scrape down the sides of the Kitchenaid and stir with the dough hook another two minutes.
- Add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring with the dough hook on low until combined, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Knead the dough for another 3-4 minutes in the KitchenAid. The dough will pull away from the bowl.
- Remove the dough from the KitchenAid bowl and set the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Clean the KitchenAid bowl, then lightly grease the bowl with oil. Place the dough back into the bowl and cover it with a towel. Set in a warm spot and let rise until doubled in size.
- Deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Cut the dough in half. Then cut each piece in half two more times (you will have 8 sections). Cut each of those sections into 4 equal pieces. You should have 24 rolls.
- Shape roll and place in 1-9×13 pan (18 rolls 3 across and 5 down) and in a 9×5 loaf pan (2 across and 3 down). Let dough rise for 1 hour.
- Bake the rolls at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately brush tops with butter.
- Serving Suggestion: Use a Bread Basket warmer and Stone to take from oven to table and keep your rolls warm!
- Store any leftover rolls in an airtight bag.