These delicious lemon muffins are light, fluffy, tangy, and mouth-watering thanks to an extra citrus hit from a simple glaze made with lemon juice and sugar. Not only do they taste amazing, they are also super easy to make!
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 12 muffin cups or line a 12-hole muffin tin with large paper cases.
- In a bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a different bowl, combine the sour cream with the egg, melted butter, lemon zest, and the lemon juice.
- Add the sour cream mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined and all the ingredients are moistened. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Transfer the batter into the muffin cups up to about 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until browned and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to sit for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Place aluminum foil or a pan under the rack to catch drips and poke each muffin several times using a toothpick.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Using a spoon, drizzle a little of the mixture over each muffin.
- Serve and enjoy.