Japanese castella cake is a simple and fluffy cake that you can make with 4 ingredients! Let’s learn how to make it.
- 3 Eggs
- 70 g Sugar, 120ml
- 2 ½ tablespoon Honey, 30g
- 2 tablespoon Water
- 200 g All-purpose flour, 400ml
- Prep: Preheat oven at 180C/356F. Place parchment paper on a square cake pan.
- Beat eggs: Put eggs and sugar in a large bowl, place it over a tray with hot water (or a double boiler), and beat using an electric mixer on high speed for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the mixture is thick.
- Add honey: Mix honey and water in a small bowl, add it to the large bowl and beat on low speed until combined.
- Add flour: Sift the all-purpose flour and stir with a spatula until combined.
- Bake at 180C/356F: Pour the batter into the cake pan, tap the pan a few times to break the air bubbles, and bake for 15 minutes at 180C/356F.
- Bake at 160C/320F: Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes at 160C/320F.
- Wrap: Let the cake cool, remove the parchment paper, wrap it in plastic wrap, turn it upside down and leave it for at least half a day before cutting.