This delightful cake is made with the perfect combination of a moist, fluffy and soft vanilla cake with sweet chocolate chips.This cake makes for a yummy dessert, pairs perfectly with a cup of coffee or tea and as a delicious snack all through the day.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cups of sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag (10 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Grease and lightly flour a loaf pan, then set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar for about 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time beating after each addition, continue to beat for about 3 minutes until very fluffy.
- Add in the Vanilla and beat to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients, the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternating with sour cream and beating well after each addition.
- Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared baking pan and top the batter with more chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the baking pan for about 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool off completely.
- Serve and enjoy.