This flatbread is the perfect alternative to usual bread!
- 500g (4 cups) flour
- 160ml (2/3 cup) warm milk
- 160ml (2/3 cup) warm water
- 7g (2 tsp) dry yeast
- 10g (1 tbsp) sugar
- 6g (1 tsp) salt
- 20ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 20g (4 tsp) melted butter
- Chopped parsley
- In a bowl combine warm milk, warm water, dry yeast, and sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Stir in flour and salt, and start to mix the dough with a spatula. Then continue to knead it with your hands until you receive an elastic dough.
- Massage olive oil into the dough until smooth. Brush some oil on top, cover, and let sit for 1 hour.
- Roll the dough into a ball and divide it into 6 parts. Roll each piece into a small ball and flatten it with a rolling pin into a round shape. Continue with the remaining dough.
- Heat a non-sticking frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Heat flatbread for 1 minute or until bubbling on top. Flip and cook on the other side for another minute. Flip again, reduce the heat to low and continue to cook the focaccia for 3-4 minutes or until swollen. Flip and cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Brush each focaccia with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.