Very thinly sliced lamb works best for this delicious Mongolian stir-fry. Freeze it almost all of the way, then use a super sharp knife to slice the pieces before using.You can use sliced beef rump or topside if lamb is unavailable.
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 500 gram lamb backtstrap, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 bunch broccolini, chopped
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- steamed rice, to serve
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat half the oil on high. Stir-fry lamb, in 2 batches, 2-3 minutes each until browned. Remove from wok. Cover to keep warm.
- In wok, heat remaining oil on high. Stir-fry onion and ginger 2-3 minutes, until softened. Add broccolini, stir-fry 1-2 minutes until just tender.
- In a jug, combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, sherry and sugar. Return lamb to wok with the sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until heated through. Serve with rice.