These baked chicken wings are crispy, tender and smothered in a simply amazing and hard to resist sweet and spicy Honey BBQ Sauce!
Feel free to adjust the seasoning, use more or less spiciness to suit your preference. This is by far one of the best ways of preparing chicken wings and I assure you this is a definite crowd pleaser and the perfect chicken treat!
You can serve these chicken wings as a main dish alongside a fresh salad, potato salad or coleslaw, or simply as an appetizer alongside a ranch dipping sauce
- 20 chicken wings, or drumettes
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (290 g)
- ½ cup honey (170 g)
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, chili powder, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and salt.
- Evenly coat the wings in the flour mixture and shake off any excess.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the floured wings on it, spreading them out in a single layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes, flipping halfway through, until skin is crispy and golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven and preheat the oven to 500°F (250°C).
- In a different bowl, combine the BBQ sauce and the honey. Then stir the cooked wings in the sauce and coat them evenly.
- Place the coated wings back onto the baking sheet and spread them in a single layer.
- Then place them in the oven and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, until the sauce is bubbly and caramelized.
- Allow to cool a little.
- Serve and enjoy!