When it comes to chicken, many mouth-watering recipes come to your mind and crave you to have something. The chicken is not just about juicy texture and taste, there can be finger-licking fried chicken as well that you will love to have again and again. Nothing is better than frying your own chicken and preparing a delicious recipe better or the same as the fast-food fried chicken.
- 4 pounds of chicken and cut into medium size pieces
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Salt as per the taste
- Ground black pepper as per the taste
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Take the chicken pieces and skin them if you feel it is required so.
- Take a large bowl and add all-purpose flour in it. Make sure that the amount of chicken you are using easily balances the amount of flour you have taken for a coating purpose.
- Then, add paprika, salt, and ground black pepper into a bowl of flour. Mix all these dry ingredients well. Here, we have used paprika that will help in browning the chicken when you will fry it.
- Take another bowl and add buttermilk in it. Then, dip chicken pieces in the buttermilk; it would be good to do this in batches. After this, put the pieces in the flour bowl. And make sure to coat them evenly from all sides.
- Take a cookie sheet or tray and place the chicken pieces on it after coating. Now, cover them with a dish towel or you can also use a waxed paper for covering. Let the chicken pieces for a few minutes until the flour coating turns to a paste-like consistency, or for around 30-40 minutes. This step is very important for this fried chicken recipe.
- Take a large skillet and fill it half with vegetable oil or with the oil quantity so that you can easily deep fry the chicken pieces. Heat the oil and put chicken pieces in the numbers that can easily be fried in the skillet. Fry them until they turn brown on both sides. After this, reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet to cook the chicken through, or for around 30 minutes.
- Remove the cover and continue frying the pieces until crispy.
- Remove the crispy chicken pieces on a paper towel and fry another batch of chicken.