I hope to bring you more wonderful treats recipes. I do understand cookie recipes are very easy with simple few ingredients. However, the precision of ingredients and method used will result in the outcome you desire. So here is my favorite version of the butter cookie recipe.
- 113g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 60g (1/4 cup+1 tbsp) fine sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g (1 cup) cake flour
- 16g (2 tbsp) cornstarch
- Preheat oven at 170°C/340°F.
- In a large bowl, add the room temp (or softened) butter. Add sugar and salt. Mix them using a spatula so that the sugar the fly out. Then switch to an electric mixer. Mix until creamy, pale, and fluffy.
- Add the yolk, cream, and vanilla extract. Mix till combined.
- Sift the cake flour and cornstarch in 2 batches. Fold in using a spatula. Sift the remaining dry ingredients until the flour disappears.
- Transfer the dough into a piping bag. I am using a 1M tip. Double up the piping bag if yours is thin like mine. A thin piping bag will cause the breaking of the bag. Also, it will ease your piping.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C/340°F for about 15-18 min. For 15min, the cookies might be softer than 18min bake, so it really depending on how crispy you desire your cookies to be.
- Let it cool completely.
- Cookies are ready to serve.