Having no oven should not make it hard for you to enjoy your favorite cake or any cake that you are craving. This eggless butter cake is made without an oven, it is soft and you are going to love it.
- 1 cup (200g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 5 tbsp Powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup (71.2 grams) Curd/yoghurt
- 1 can (200g) sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup (150g) Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup (123ml) Milk
- First, you will prepare your cake tin by greasing it with butter then line with a parchment paper then apply butter in the inside of the lined parchment paper. You will bake this cake on the stovetop so take a large aluminium pot and place a metal stand at the centre then put the lid on and let it heat for 10 minutes.
- If you are using an oven to bake this cake then preheat at 170 degrees C. For the cake batter, sift in all the dry ingredients that are all-purpose flour, corn starch, baking powder and baking soda then set that aside. In another large bowl, add in butter and sugar then beat until light and fluffy while scraping the sides of the bowl and beating for about 5 minutes.
- To the butter mixture, add sweetened condensed milk, curd and vanilla essence then beat on high speed until it is mixed then add then the dry mixture. You will add the dry ingredients in batches starting with a third of the dry ingredients, give it a mix then add milk and alternate them until you get a smooth batter.
- Once the cake batter is ready, transfer it to the prepared cake pan and place it in the preheated pot and put the lid on then bake it for 20 minutes on medium flame then reduce the flame to low and bake for an additional 30 to 35 minutes. It should take a total of 55 minutes to bake this cake.
- For the oven, you will bake it at 170 degrees Celcius for 50 to 55 minutes. Insert a skewer at the centre of the cake and if it comes out clean the cake is ready. Let it cool on a cooling rack then remove from the pan and slice once it has cool down completely. Serve with chcolate syrup or butterscotch sauce.