A lot of people suffering from food allergies have a hard time celebrating parties and get-togethers. One such food allergy is linked to eggs. This is a real difficult allergy to tackle because of eggs’ presence in a lot of dishes. And sadly, a lot of products found in the market have eggs as a hidden ingredient. Whether you suffer from egg allergy or you don’t take eggs for some other reason, you can completely rely on this cake recipe.
- Two and a half cups of all-purpose flour
- Two teaspoonful of baking powder
- One teaspoonful of baking soda
- Half a cup of butter (melted)
- Two tablespoons of vanilla extract
- Two tablespoons of vinegar
- One cup of water
- A can of sweet condensed milk
- Two tablespoons of sugar
- One-fourth of a teaspoon of salt
- The first thing you need to do is preheat the oven for around 15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. Now, take a 9×13 inch baking pan and grease it lightly. Put a lining of parchment paper in it.
- Now, take a large bowl and put the flour in it. Add to it your baking soda, baking powder and salt. Now, add the sugar and mix well.
- Now, deepen the centre of the dry ingredients and start pouring the wet ingredients into this well, one by one. Take a whisk and blend all the ingredients well. Try not to leave any lumps. But in case lumps get formed, don’t worry.
- Now, take the baking pan and pour the batter in it. Knock the pan against the kitchen countertop, so that the batter settles down. This will also break the air bubbles inside the batter.
- Now, bake the mixture for around 25 to 35 minutes. And don’t forget to check the progress after 30 minutes. Check it earlier if you feel 30 minutes is too late to check progress.
- Once your cake is done, take it out and put on a cooling rack. Once the cake has cooled for around 15 or 20 minutes, take it out of the pan. Leave the cake untouched if it needs further cooling. Once the cake has cooled completely, you can slice it.
- You can also use orange juice instead of water to give the cake a nice orange flavour.