Moist, bright lemon sour cream pound cake in a bundt pan! Perfect easy lemon sour cream cake recipe for all year long!
- 4 tsp (20 ml) lemon zest – packed
- 2 ¼ cups (450 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (227 g) salted butter – room temperature – 2 sticks
- 4 large eggs – room temperature
- 2 tsp (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (61 g) fresh lemon juice
- 8 oz. (227 g) full-fat sour cream – room temperature (about 1 cup)
- 2 ½ cups (313 g) cake flour
- ½ tsp (2 ml) baking soda – 2g
- baking spray
- 2 cup (240 g) confectioners’ sugar – 230g
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon zest
- ⅓ cup (81 g) fresh lemon juice – or more as needed
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) salted butter – melted
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Add lemon zest and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mizing bowl. Press zest into sugar with a rubber spatula for about 1 minute to release lemon oils.
- Add butter and cream for about 3 minutes or until creamy and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, followed by vanilla, mixing well between each addition.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream and lemon juice until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cake flour and baking soda.
- Fold in ⅓ of dry ingredients to batter until just combined, then fold in with ½ of sour cream mixture. Repeat with another ⅓ of the dry ingredients, then remaining sour cream mixture, then the final ⅓ of dry ingredients.
- Spray a 10- or 12-cup Bundt pan or tube pan with baking spray, being sure to coat all the crevices.
- Spoon batter into pan and smooth the top. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick entered into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, lemon zest, melted butter, and lemon juice until smooth. If needed, add more lemon juice a teaspoon at a time to thin glaze to desired consistency.
- Pour glaze over cooled cake and let set before serving.