These cherry polka dots on a classic Swiss Roll recipe makes a great teatime treat!
- 3 Eggs
- 20g Water
- 165 Optima flour
- 48g Melted Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Prepare a 12 inches square tray lined with parchment paper.
- Add eggs, water and optima flour in a mixing bowl and whisk at high speed till thick and fluffy then add vanilla extract, mix well.
- Lastly add in melted butter and mix well again.
- Scoop some plain batter into a small bowl and mix with 1/2 tbsp chocolate emulco, mix well and pour into piping bag with plain circle tip then pipe out polka dots on to the square tray about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Put square tray into freezer for about 20 – 30 mins until the polka dots are set.
- Then quickly and carefully spread the plain batter on top of the polka dots evenly with a palette knife.
- Bake in preheated oven 180C at center rack for about 13 mins.
- Remove cake and parchment paper from baking tray immediately after baked and leave cake to cool.
- Remove the skin of the cake.
- Place a plastic sheet or greaseproof paper below the cake with the polka dots design facing down.
- Spread some (about 150g)fresh whipped cream (not too thick) on cake and add dark sweet cherries on top. Then roll it up and wrap with the plastic sheet.
- Put Cherry Polka Dots Swiss Roll in the fridge for few hours before slice