This olive oil cake is simple, tasty and great to serve with a hot tea on a winter afternoon. If you want to prepare a snack for your family and friends this cake is perfect for the occasion.
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- Zest of one orange
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 125 grams (4 1/2 ounces) natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (24 x 10 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 1/2 x 4-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and the orange zest until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the yogurt, the olive oil, the honey and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove from the oven, unmold, let cool to room temperature and serve.