These easy grilled sweet potato wedges are the perfect veggie side and pair well with just about any grilled protein, especially burgers!
- 3 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed well
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with cold salted water then bring to a boil. Simmer until slightly resistant when pierced with a sharp knife or fork, about 10 minutes, depending on size. Drain well and allow to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, slice potatoes in half lengthwise and into wedges.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Brush this mixture on sweet potatoes.
- Heat grill to medium-high, lightly oil grill rack and grill potatoes until grill marks appear and potatoes are cooked through, flipping once. This should take about 7-8 minutes.
- Serve wedges with a dipping sauce, like ketchup, mustard or homemade garlic aioli.