This most amazing vanilla cake is delicious, moist, and sturdy enough to cover in fondant. It is really the only yellow or vanilla cake recipe you will ever need.
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) salted butter softened
- 1/2 cup (118ml) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 (300 grams) cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) buttermilk room temperature
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups (420 grams) all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Grease three 9-inch pans. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream the butter, vegetable oil, and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add in flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix until just combined. Be sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure everything gets mixed in.
- Divide the batter among the three prepared pans. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let sit in pans for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before layering and frosting with your favorite frosting.