Add some butterscotch bliss to your desserts with this delicious cake that sweetens things up with raisins
- 90gm butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped raisins
- 1 ¼ cups self-raising flour
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 30gm butter
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Grease a 20cm ring pan. Cream butter and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy; beat in golden syrup, then eggs one at a time, beat until combined.
- Stir in raisins, then sifted flour and milk. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with topping. Bake in moderate oven for about 45 minutes. Stand five minutes before turning on to wire rack to cool.
- Combine flour with sugar in bowl; rub in butter, stir in walnuts.Keeping time: Two days.