This is a traditional cake that comes out really fluffy, moist and spongy. It is made with abread loaf pan but we put in these mini cake moulds they come out really fluffy and tastes even better.
- 150 grams (1 cup) butter (room temperature)
- 150 grams (1 & 1/4 cup) powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150 grams (1 & 1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for ten minutes you will brush the mini cake mould or loaf tin with butter. In a large mixing bowl, cream room temparature butter just to make in fluffy then add powdered sugar in two batches and beat on high speed for about 5 minutes until very light and fluffy in texture.
- With the speed on medium, add in three eggs one at a time while beating after each addition and once the eggs are well mixed add vanilla essence and again beat it for 30 seconds or until everything is well blended. For the dry ingredients, mix all-purpose flour with baking powder and give it a good mix then add the dry ingredients to the batter in tw0 batches and fold it lightly with the help of a spatula and add the milk also to adjust the texture and consistency.
- Your batter should have no lumps and should not fall off easily if lifted with a spatula. Pour the batter into the prepared mini mould cake tins or a loaf pan and smoothen the top with the help of a spatula. Tap it lightly on a counter to release any air bubbles trapped in the batter and bake it in the 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 55 to 60 minutes. Let the cake cool down for 10 to 15 minutes before demolding it, once cooled, serve it plain with a cup of tea.