The old-fashioned egg cake has simple ingredients, eggs, flour, sugar, and cooking oil. It is less troublesome than chiffon cake. Just remember 3 points, and the cake will not crack, collapse, or dry hard. The specific method should be carefully followed by the steps.
- 4 eggs
- 110 grams Low-gluten flour
- 80 grams white sugar
- 60 grams Corn oil
- Prepare 4 ordinary eggs.The flour is best to use low-gluten flour. If you don’t have it, use the ratio of ordinary flour to cornstarch 4:1 to replace it. It can be corn oil, sunflower oil, salad oil, do not use canola oil and soybean oil.
- Beat the eggs in a water-free and oil-free basin, add white sugar, and beat with an egg beater. The beaten egg liquid is fluffy and light yellow, and you can draw obvious lines on the surface. Keep it for 1 minute without disappearing. This level is enough OK.
- Sift the flour into the egg mixture in 3 additions. The sifted flour is more delicate, and there will be no lumps when mixing the batter.
- When mixing the batter, do not stir in circles, stir evenly like stir-frying. The batter that has been mixed is fluffy.
- Pour cooking oil along the spatula and continue to stir evenly. It is also possible without cooking oil, but the taste is slightly dry and hard.
- Preheat the oven at 170°C for 10 minutes. Pour the batter into the molds lined with paper cups.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on the surface of the cake batter, put it into the middle layer of the oven, adjust the temperature to 150°C, and bake for 25 minutes. Pay attention to observation, the cake batter will rise quickly, and then slowly fall back. After falling back, it is basically cooked. Use a toothpick to insert it. If there is no wet cake batter on the toothpick, it means it is cooked.