This very simple plumcake is an ideal dessert for breakfast , but also for an afternoon snack accompanied by an herbal tea or a very tasty tea!
- 200 g of flour
- 150 g of melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 100 g of sugar
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 2 untreated lemons
- To start preparing the lemon plumcake, beat the eggs in a container with an electric whisk.
- Gradually add the sugar until the mixture is clear, frothy and light.
- Then, add the flour in 4 times, mix well and also add the yeast.
- Mix the slightly cooled melted butter, the zest and the juice of the two rigorously organic lemons into the dough.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and, if you like, sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Now bake it in a preheated oven at 180°C for 40/45 minutes.
- With a toothpick check that the plumcake is cooked, take it out of the oven and let it cool before taking it out of the oven! You can also dust it with icing sugar or glaze it to your liking!