These Buttermilk Biscuits are the perfect fluffy biscuit to enjoy with any meal. Fill with bacon, sausage, country ham, or fried chicken for the best breakfast biscuits!
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour (sifted before measuring)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup or 1 stick) salted butter, frozen
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. Add sour cream, stir to combine.
- Grate in frozen butter and quickly combine using a pastry cutter or fork until crumbly. Don’t overwork dough.
- Add buttermilk a little at a time until just combined and no longer crumbly. Do not over mix. Dough should be bumpy and clump together.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; gently pat or roll out to 1-inch thickness. Cut into squares or use a biscuit cutter to cut out biscuits. Carefully transfer to greased/buttered hot skillet or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 450-degrees F for 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven, brush with melted butter, return to oven and bake for another 1 minute until golden brown.