These super soft sausage bread rolls are very easy to put together and bare best served for breakfast, dinner or as a snack.
- 2 Cups Bread flour plus about a handful for kneading
- 2 Tablespoons Butter Melted
- 1/2 Tbs Yeast
- 2 Egg use 1 for egg wash
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Milk Warm
- 3 Tbsp Sugar Use 1 Tsp for proofing the Yeast
- 10 Hotdog links
- Dissolve the Yeast and Sugar in the warm milk
- In another bowl, combine the Butter and Eggs and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and sugar, make a well at the center and add the yeast and the Egg and
- Butter mixture and mix together until a soft dough is formed.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead until it’s smooth and elastic about 10 minutes by hand and about 7 minutes if using a mixer.
- Place the Dough inside a very large oiled bowl (making sure you smear some oil on the surface of the Dough) and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour or till doubled in size.
- Steam the sausage in boiling water for about 7 minutes. Remove from water and set aside.
- Deflate the dough, and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into 10 equal pieces, and roll it out into a rope long enough to wrap around the sausage about 3 times.
- Wrap the rolled dough around the sausage and place them on lightly greased and floured baking sheets at least 2 inches apart. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth, and let rise until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk up 1 Egg and together with a Tbsp of water and brush the surface of the Bread rolls then place in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or till golden brown. Enjoy