This banana sheet cake is simple and it uses simple ingredients and it is delicious and it does not use any yeast.
- 2 cups (240 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter at room temperature
- 1 cup (200 grams) of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (3-4 medium)
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl, add in your all-purpose flour, salt and baking soda and mix it together until it is all combined using a wire whisk and set it aside. Next, grab a big mixing bowl and then to the big mixing bowl you are going to cream up our butter and sugar, so add sugar and soft butter into the bowl and then cream them together until light and fluffy using a hand mixer to make everything a little bit easier on medium speed. Once fluffy add eggs into the butter-sugar mixture and then mix again until well combined. Now it is time to mash the bananas; peel your overripe bananas into a bowl then using a potato masher mash your bananas.
- They should mash-up really easily because they are really soft. Once all the bananas are all mashed add in your vanilla extract and milk and mash them up one more time mixing them around. And now all of your mixtures are ready you have got banana mixture, butter mixture, and the flour mixture. You are going to alternate adding like the dry ingredients flour with the banana to the butter mixture. So start with the dry mixture add a few dry ingredients to the butter mixture and then mix it up and then add some banana mixture to the butter mixture and mix it up. Add some more flour mix it up and add some more banana mixture and mix it up just alternate until all the flour mixture and banana mixture is all mixed in the butter mixture.
- Before you pour it into the baking tin to bake add in either chopped nuts or wall-nuts into the batter add as much as you want. Using a spatula or big wooden spoon, fold your chopped nuts into the butter. Fold by going underneath all the batter and pull it over and turn. We are doing this so that the batter stays nice and light airy fluffy just keep folding until the entire nuts are mixed in. Pour the batter into a grease sheet pan then cut two whole bananas vertically then place the bananas onto the batter making sure they are not submerged in the batter so that when bakes, the bananas will appear onto of the cake.
- You are going to preheat your oven to 350 Fahrenheit and bake the loaf for an hour and ten minutes (70 minutes). After it has baked remove it from the oven and give it 10 minutes to cool and then get it out of the pan. Just give it a little jiggle and then flip it over and then pop it down it comes out easily. Cut into the cake and enjoy.