These delightfully crispy potatoes are the ultimate side for your roasted meat, fish or veg. They’re oozing with garlicky butter and tender on the inside with an incredible crispiness on the outside. Hasselback potatoes are made by cutting fine slits about 3/4 of the way through each potato. This allows them to soak up tonnes of flavour and develop that super crispy skin.
- 800 g small to medium potatoes (maris piper potatoes work well)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 60 g melted butter (or dairy free alternative)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C Fan
- Cut slices into the potatoes, making sure not to cut all the way through. The slices should be about 3mm apart and go approx 3/4 of the way down through the potato.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, olive oil, crushed garlic and rosemary
- Use a pastry brush to thoroughly coat each potato in the butter mixture, getting it down into the slits. There should be about half of the butter mixture leftover.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the potatoes (to taste)
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven and re-brush each potato with the remaining butter mixture
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Brush the potatoes one last time, using the oil in the bottom of the tray
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until desired crispiness is reached!