These Mexican-inspired beef sausage cornbread muffins make a great appetizer or brunch option.
- 1 recipe Mexican-Style Beef Sausage
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread muffin mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup low-fat or skim milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Prepare Mexican-Style Beef Sausage. Remove from pan.
- Mexican-Style Beef Sausage: Combine 1 pound Ground Beef, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, 1-1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika, 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder in large mixing bowl mixing lightly but thoroughly. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add sausage mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
- Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare muffin batter according to package directions with egg and milk. Fold sausage into muffin batter.
- Spray 24 mini-muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide muffin batter evenly among 24 mini muffin cups, filling cup to top. Top batter evenly with cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until muffins are cooked through and cheese is melted and golden brown.