This moist and easy orange cake gets its soft textures from oil and the deliciousness from the juice of very ripe oranges. To get started, grease and lightly dust the cake pan then in the bowl of a stand mixer, add 6 eggs together with granulated sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla extract for flavour.
Mix on medium speed until the ingredients are combined for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, soft all-purpose flour with baking powder. Once teh egg mixture is fluffy, add a tablespoon of orange zest then juice the oranges and add ome cup of the juice to the mixture together with a cup of oil.
You can substitute the oil with butter but cakes made with oil tend to stay soft for a long time even when refrigerated. Give teh mixture a quick mix then add the sifted flour in two batches and mix until the cake batter is smooth with no lumps.
Pour the batter into teh prepared cake pan the bake the cake ina 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes. Let the cake cool completely before you serve the cake dusted with powdered sugar and more orange zest. Enjoy.
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup (300 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 2 1/2 (300 grams) cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Prepare a 20 cm cake mould by butter it and then dust it with flour. then preheat the oven to 350n degrees Fahrenheit (180°C.)
- In a mixer bowl place the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Whisk eggs with the sugar until light in colour.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Peel the orange zest take just the orange colour zest.
- Squeeze 2 or 3 orange fruits to get 1 cup of fresh orange juice.
- To the eggs, mixture adds the orange zest, orange juice and vegetable oil give the mixture a quick mix.
- Add the sifted flour into two phases mix until the flour disappears and you have a smooth cake batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake mould. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Let the cake cool down on a wire rack.
- Serve it & Enjoy.