Try this caramel sauce with our exciting desserts that include beef or any of your favorites. This sauce is extra special with the addition of cayenne pepper sauce.
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon bourbon or dark rum
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper sauce
- Heat sugar, cream, butter and bourbon in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook 5 to 7 minute until thickened, whisking gently. Add vanilla and hot sauce, as desired. Cook 1 minute; remove from heat. Season with salt, as desired. Cool 5 to 10 minutes. Serve warm.