This butterscotch banana cake is sweet inside and out, it has a velvety soft texture swirled with a thick ribbon of cinnamon sugar and topped with a butterscotch drizzle. This butterscotch banana cake is made with simple ingredients and is sweet enough to serve for dessert but also makes a great snack for breakfast.
- 3 bananas (ripe and mashed)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combined mashed bananas, eggs, vegetable oil, and sugar. Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Then add flour and mix just until combined.
- Fold in butterscotch chips.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes or until the top is golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- You can also make this in 3 small mini loaf pans that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. The mini loaves cook for about 40-42 minutes.