This super-soft braided bread is made with butter. You can serve it with soups, make them as a sandwich or eat as it is as a snack.
- 2cups (250g) bread flour
- 2 tablespoon ＋1 teaspoon sugar (30g)
- 1 teaspoon (5g) salt
- 1 teaspoon (4g)instant dry yeast
- 1/2 cup (110~120ml) lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 egg (30g)
- 2 tablespoons (30g) butter
- You will start by making the wet ingredients, in a jar add lukewarm water, eggs and milk then lightly whisk them to break the eggs in and set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add flour, sugar, salt and yeast then lightly mix the dry ingredients so the yeast and sugar are well distributed in the flour.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients and mix with the mixer on low speed increasing the speed as the dough starts to come together. Knead the dough until very smooth for 5 to 8 minutes or until the dough is elastic that you can stretch it without breaking easily. Add room temperature butter and mix for a few minutes until the butter is incorporated in the dough and it is very smooth.
- Lightly oil a clean bowl and place the dough in then cover with a plastic wrap and let the dough proof for 60 minutes or until it doubles in size. Once proofed, take the dough onto your work surface and divide the dough into equal pieces. Take each dough and roll it out into a log shape then tie a loose knot with the dough then take one end to the other side into the hole and pinch to seal the dough.
- Line the braided dough on a parchment-lined baking tray then cover with a damp cloth and let them proof again for about 40 to 50 minutes. Prepare an egg wash then brush the bread with the egg wash then bake the bread at 200 degrees Celsius for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Once they are out of the oven, brush them with melted butter, that way the bread will remain soft for days.