This recipe is perfect for an indulgent breakfast or brunch.
- 600g (5 cups) flour
- 300ml (1 1/4 cups) milk
- 30g (2 tbsp) sugar
- 1 egg
- 30ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 3g (1/2 tsp) salt
- 7g (1 tbsp) dry yeast
- 5g (1 tsp) vanilla sugar
- 70g (1/2 cup) hazelnut cream
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Powdered sugar for decorating
- In a bowl combine warm milk, sugar, and dry yeast. Whisk well and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add oil, egg, and vanilla sugar, and whisk to combine.
- Stir in flour and a pinch of salt, and start to mix the dough with a spatula. Then continue to knead it with your hands until you receive an elastic dough.
- Cover and let sit for 1 hour.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin and cut round shapes with a cookie cutter or a bowl.
- Place a teaspoon of hazelnut cream in the middle of a round shape and close the edges, pressing slightly, to create a “taco”. Continue with the remaining rounds. Let tacos sit for 15 minutes.
- Fry in hot oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Add a thin string of hazelnut cream on top of each taco.
- Decorate with powdered sugar and serve.