Cranberry Cake is perfect for the holidays! Sweet it’s also moist and easy to make, bake and store. A delicious cake enjoyed by all.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered nutmeg (adjust quantity according to your preference)
- ¾ cup to 1 cup powdered sugar (adjust sugar according to your taste)
- 3 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 cup dry sweetened cranberries
- 2 tablespoons orange or 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees C. Grease and line one 7 ½ inches x 6 inches rectangle cake pan.
- Whisk together first three ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and mix well. Now add milk. The milk should be warm and not hot, or else it will curdle the egg.
- Add flour mix in three batches. Mix well after each addition till you get a lump free batter.
- Fold in cranberries and orange/lemon zest.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or till the cake turns brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven after 5 minutes. Cool in the rack. Slice next day or when completely cold.