This gorgeous sultana cake recipe never goes out of fashion. You’ll need some butter, eggs, caster sugar, vanilla, self-raising flour, and sultanas. If you don’t have a big old packet of sultanas, two little snack-sized boxes will do nicely.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 100 grams of butter
- 3/4 cup sultanas
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees C.
- Cream butter and sugar. Then beat in eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Stir in sultanas, lemon zest and essence. Mix in sifted flours and milk, mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin or cupcake papers.
- Bake for 40 minutes if cake, 15 minutes if cupcakes.
- Once cool dust with icing sugar if desired.