This cake is rich, dark, decadent and so delicious. It is a super quick eggless that you can make any time you are craving a chocolate cake then top it with chocolate ganache and a large scoop of vanilla ice-cream. In a large mixing bowl add vegetable oil or melted butter if you like, to that add superfine sugar then using an electric mixer or a hand whisk, beat the two ingredients on high speed until the mixture is well incorporated.
Add one cup of yoghurt and mix it in as well until the yoghurt is nicely incorporated then sift in the dry ingredients that are all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt. By sifting the ingredients, you will help incorporate as much air in the batter as possible and this will result in a fluffier cake.
Using a spatula, gently mix everything together, that idea is mixing just until all the dry ingredients are moistened and you do not have lumps in the batter. Add a quarter cup of milk and mix it in as well then you will need an 8-inch glass dish or a springform pan that you will grease really well with vegetable oil and line with a parchment paper.
Pour the batter in the prepared pan then place it in the microwave for 6 minutes, depending on your microwave it may be a little longer or shorter. You only need to press the quick-start button in your microwave so you are baking this cake in the regular heating mode of the microwave.
Once the cake is baked, let it cool a little bit then invert it on a wire rack and let it cool completely. Prepare the chocolate ganache and coat then whole cake then slice and serve.
- ¾ cup (175ml) of vegetable oil
- 1 + ¼ (250 grams / 8.8Oz) cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (245 grams / 8.6Oz) yoghurt
- 1+ ½ cup (180 grams / 6.3Oz) All-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (75 grams / 2.6Oz) cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups chopped chocolate
- 1 cup fresh cream
- In a bowl, add in oil and sugar. Beat this together really well till the mixture becomes light and pale. Now add in yoghurt and mix it in as well.
- In the same bowl, sift in all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, a pinch of salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix everything together until you have a smooth batter, mix just until all the dry ingredients are moistened then add in milk and mix it well.
- Transfer your batter to a microwave-safe dish, oiled and lined with parchment paper.
- Cook this in the microwave for around 6 minutes.
- Once baked, let the cake cool on a wire rack, melt the chopped chocolate and fresh cream until smooth then coat the cake with the ganache, let it set for about 10 minutes and serve.