Give a little twist to your ordinary cookies with Miso. That’s right, Miso! Miso gives a nice salty and nutty flavor to these morsels.If the dough is too soft and hard to handle, let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes. Other than that, it is pretty simple to make.
- 2 Tbsp Miso paste (30-40g)
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature (115g)
- 1/2 cup sugar (100g)
- 1/2 egg
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour (200g)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- raw sugar
- Beat Miso, butter, and sugar in a bowl until creamy. Add egg and beat some more.
- Then add flour and baking soda, and mix until dough comes together.
- Cut the dough in half and shape into a 2″ round log, using flour if the dough is sticking (or cool it in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm). Roll and coat with raw sugar. Wrap with plastic and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Slice the cookie dough into 1/2″ thick rounds. Place cookies on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350F (175C) for 12-15 minutes.