This condensed milk cake recipe is going to be your new favorite way to make cake!
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 300-ml can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- oil or butter, for greasing the cake pan
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line and lightly butter 6-inch x 3-inch high cake pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a whisk, beat egg yolks, vanilla extract, and condensed milk. Mix until just combined. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt over the batter then beat until the batter is smooth. Set aside.
- Make the meringue: Use the whisk attachment on a stand mixer or electric hand mixer. Add egg whites to a large bowl, and whisk on Medium-High until stiff peaks.
- Scoop out 1/3 of the meringue, and add to the cake batter. Using a whisk, fold in meringue. Once well mixed, add the remaining meringue in batches, folding while being careful to not over mix the batter. Pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until a barbecue stick or toothpick inserted into the center emerges clean and the tops are golden brown. Remove from the oven, and transfer to a wire rack. Use a knife to release the cake from the sides of the cake pan. Flip the cake pan over and tap the cake pan until the cake releases from its tin onto the wire rack. Flip it over and let cool completely before slicing and serving.