This traditional Brazilian cheese bread (Pão De Queijo) is one of the easiest bread recipes I’ve ever made. If you are not familiar with this recipes, this bread is soft, fluffy and loaded with cheese. And it’s not only easy recipe but also gluten free (there is no wheat flour in this recipe).
- 1 1/3 cups (170g) Tapioca flour
- 2/3 cup (160ml) Milk
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Oil
- 1 Egg, large
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 cup (85g) Grated mozzarella cheese or any other cheese
- 1/4 cup (25g) Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl place tapioca flour. Set aside.
- In a large pan place milk, oil and salt. Bring to a boil. Pour into the tapioca and stir until combined. Add egg and stir until combined. add cheeses and stir until incorporated and a sticky dough forms.
- Shape the dough into balls and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until lightly golden and puffed.
- Eat warm or let cool.