This simple recipe produces an extra-large batch of cookies, perfect for bringing to any-size gathering, gifting to a friend or setting out on the counter at home for the whole family to enjoy.
The best chocolate chip cookies don’t have to come from the bakery down the street—they can be created and perfected right from your own kitchen and with ingredients you likely already have on hand in your pantry. Don’t forget to slow down when baking this delicious and classic recipe, and just enjoy the process of making these amazing homemade cookies.
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips (12 to 24 oz)
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl with electric mixer, beat granulated sugar, brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and eggs until well blended. Beat in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
- On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.