Crispy-skin chicken marylands are here accompanied with streaky bacon, roasted red grapes and brussels sprouts for a roast dinner done differently. Best served on a bed of creamy mashed potatoes.
- 4 chicken marylands
- 1/4 cup seasoned flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 rashers streaky bacon, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250 gram red grapes
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 200 gram brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- mashed potato, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Toss chicken pieces in flour, shaking off excess. In a flameproof casserole dish, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil on high. Brown chicken each side for 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil on high. Saute bacon, onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes until beginning to brown. Add half the grapes, olives, capers and oregano. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Pour in wine and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1-2 minutes until reduced by half. Stir in brussels sprouts and stock. Return chicken to pan with remaining grapes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Serve accompanied with mashed potato.