This wonderful ricotta cheesecake has a delicate, airy texture and a pleasant lemon-vanilla flavor.
- 1 tablespoon melted butter for the baking dish
- ▢ 2 (15 oz) containers whole milk ricotta cheese (room temperature; 30 oz total; not low fat)
- 1 teaspoon stevia glycerite (or ⅔ cup sugar or granulated sweetener)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Brush a 9-inch pie plate with a little butter. Cover the bottom with a parchment paper circle and brush it with more butter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the ricotta, sweetener, vanilla, cornstarch, and lemon zest.
- Add the eggs and whisk just until combined. Don’t overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pie plate. Bake until the cake is set, about 45 minutes. When done, the sides will be puffed and browned. The center will be firm to the touch, but giggly underneath.
- Cool the cake for 2 hours in the pan on a cooling rack, then cover and refrigerate it for at least 2 more hours and preferably overnight.
- Slice the cake. Place the slices on paper towels to absorb any extra moisture.
- Store the leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 3-4 days, on paper towels to absorb moisture. Replace the paper towels at least once a day – they will become soaked.