This lip-smacking recipe works as a mood booster for all the sweet lovers out there. Relish the flavours of this delicious recipe with your near and dear ones.
- 3 cups (300 grams) sifted cake flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups (265 grams) granulated white sugar
- 6 large egg yolks (110 grams)
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk (full fat or reduced-fat)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces (170 grams) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups (240 grams) confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Butter and flour or spray with a nonstick vegetable/flour spray cake pan.
- In a bowl sift or whisk the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter until soft and creamy (about 1-2 minutes). Gradually add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add egg yolks, in two batches, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture (in three additions), and milk (in two additions), beginning and ending with the flour.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake between 22 to 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake just comes out clean and the cake springs back when pressed lightly in center.
- Place the cake on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes then invert the cake onto a greased rack.