Enjoy the flavours of a classic British dessert with this summery ice cream cake.
- 500ml Strawberries & Cream ice cream
- 200g (7oz) fresh strawberries, tops removed and chopped into small pieces, plus extra for serving
- 10g (2 tsp) icing sugar
- 3 Tesco Finest meringue nests, crushed
- 500ml (17fl oz) Cornish Cream ice cream
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and leave to soften for 10 minutes. Lightly oil a 1kg (2lb) loaf tin and line with a double layer of clingfilm. Make sure there is enough to hang over the edges to complete step 5.
- Spoon the strawberry ice cream into the loaf tin and smooth flat. Blitz half the strawberries in a blender with the icing sugar.
- Scatter the chopped strawberries and crushed meringues over the ice cream, and then drizzle over the strawberry purée.
- Spread the Cornish Cream ice cream over the purée and smooth flat. Fold the clingfilm over the top and freeze for 4 hours, or until solid.
- Set aside for 10 minutes to soften. Turn out onto a serving dish, remove the clingfilm, cut into thick slices and serve with extra strawberries on the side.