My Best-Ever New York Cheesecake recipe is creamy, sweet, dense, and one perfectly baked cheesecake.
- 2 ⅔ cups (8oz/225g) Graham cracker crumbs
- 8 tablespoons (4oz/115g) butter melted
- 4 ½ cups (2lbs 4oz/1015g) cream cheese
- 1 cup (8oz/225g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 5 large eggs room temperature
- ¼ cup (1 ¼oz/35g) all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a small bowl mix together the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press into a 9-inch springform tin. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Using a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer, whisk the cream cheese and sugar together on high speed until smooth and there are no lumps.
- Add in the vanilla, lemon zest, and juice.
- Slowly add in the eggs one at a time until fully blended. At this point, your mix should be nice and airy from all the mixing.
- Add in the flour and mix until combined.
- Bake for about 70 – 80 minutes. You will know when it is done when there will still be a slight jiggle in the middle. Set aside to cool. TIP: Place a baking pan with hot water on the shelf below the cheesecake as it bakes. This will help avoid a cracked cheesecake.
- While still in the tin place the cheesecake in the fridge to chill for a minimum of 5 hours but preferably overnight. It needs a few hours to firm up. Serve with some stewed fruit, whipped cream, or ice-cream on top. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days. It also freezes very well for up to 4 weeks.