Here is the recipe for this soft, moist, and delicate Italian pound cake.
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbs fresh lemon juice plus zest
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F Butter and flour a 12 x 4 x 2- inch loaf or similar pan and set aside
- In large bowl, whip together eggs, sugar oil, water lemon juice, and zest.
- In separate bowl, sift together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat the dry ingredients a little at a time into the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Scrape the batter into pan and bake about 55 minutes or until the cake is golden brown, and a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Frost with confectioners’ sugar glaze or dust with confectioners sugar.