I’ve always loved eating almond cake, but this particular apple almond cake is my newfound favorite. It’s a healthier and tastier version to try, especially if you have an apple lying around.This fruit addition couldn’t be easier. We simply need to arrange fresh apple slices onto the cake batter before baking.Once baked, the cake will rise and create this beautiful pattern. It will turn out moist and tender, with an added texture from the apple.
- 2 eggs
- 75 g (6 tbsp) granulated sugar
- 70 g (9 tbsp) cake flour
- 30 g (¼ cup) almond flour/ground almond
- 2.5 g (½ tsp) baking powder
- 1.5 g (¼ tsp) table salt
- 56 g (¼ cup) unsalted butter
- ½ apple
- icing sugar for dusting
- Grease a 6-inches (15 cm) round pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Take a half section of an apple. Slice it equally into 8 thin slices. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar on high speed until they reach ribbon stage consistency (thick and creamy). The thick mixture will fall like a ribbon when the beater is lifted. Switch to a low speed and beat for 1 minute to even out the air bubbles.
- Sieve half of the flour into the egg batter. Carefully fold and mix them. Then sieve in the remaining flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix just until combined.
- Take a spoonful of the cake batter and mix it with the melted butter.
- Combine the butter mixture with the remaining cake batter. Mix just until combined.
- Transfer it into the cake pan. Arrange the apple slices on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 340°F (170°C) for 35 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Dust the top with icing sugar before serving.